Friday, February 27, 2009

Chapped Hand Therapy

Before this winter, I have never in my life experienced really dry skin. I've never had to apply moisturizers to keep my skin comfortable, and getting into this routine every day is tough for me. The worst part has been how dry my hands have become. I've taken to carrying 3 different lotions around in my purse.

My favorite out of these three is Crabtree and Evelyn's Gardeners Hand Therapy. It's thick and spreads really nicely, working into all the cracks, rought spots, and grooves in my hands. I usually don't enjoy lavender very much, but this stuff is balanced with fresh, green herbal smells so that the lavender isn't overpowering or cloying. It gets a little greasy on my palms, but I think it's worth it if my hands don't feel like paper anymore.

The downside of this stuff is that it runs for $14. That's quite a bit for what is essentially lavender scented shea butter. I was given this as a gift, and that's why I'm using it, but I probably wouldn't buy this of my own volition, since I'm about as cheap (and as poor!) as they come. If you need some moisture in your mitts, but don't have too much extra cash, pick up some Glysomed. It works about as well as Crabtree's lotion, but for less than 1/2 of the price. But, if you're in the market for something more luxe, give this stuff a try. If the lavender doesn't appeal to you, give the Rosewater hand therapy a go, it's light and lovely and not old-ladyish at all.

Skin: No new pimples, more moisturized around the eye area, old zits are going down. It's looking hopeful, but I'm not quite at the 'english rose' level yet.

Listening to: Handle Me- Robyn

No comments: