Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Said WASH Like A Hippy, Not SMELL Like One!

Every beauty blog out there has been raving about Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. Dr. Bronner's is this hippy soap company, using fair trade ingredients for major components, organic oils from all over the world, and no foaming agents, like Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. They claim 18 uses for this wonder soap, and by all accounts this stuff can do everything under the sun, including dishes, laundry,and body washing. I'm not sure I'll be using it for the 'douche', 'deodorant', or 'toothpaste' applications any time soon, but to each their own... I did use it as shampoo, and my hair turned out like felt. Please, please God, save yourself the split ends and don't even try this. My boyfriend tasted it to see if it would work as toothpaste, and didn't seem impressed. Actually, I think his exact words were "It burns!!!!!". Maybe you should just take him at his word.

I picked up the Almond Liquid soap for about $10 at Save-On-Foods in the hippy-organic cosmetics section. It smells like delicious, delicious marzipan, but doesn't scent my skin for long after my bath. The Peppermint is supposed to be wonderfully cooling and tingly, especially on hot days, so I think once my monster bottle of Almond is gone, I'll get some minty freshness for summer. They make quite a few different scents, so I'll bet there's one that catches your fancy. Just don't try to read the ravings on the label; you'll only give yourself a headache.

Listening to: Boondock Saints Theme - Dropkick Murphys

No comments: