Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm On A Mission...



Picture from Natalie Dee

I have had terrible skin for as long as I can remember. It's nothing unbearable, but I always have 3 or 4 big, red blighters on my face at any given time. I seriously thought that getting out of my teens would help clear things up, but nothing has worked. Every product - salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulphur, retinol - has garnered poor results with me. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that keeps me marginally managable. I've decided that this song and dance is getting a little old.

So, I'm embarking on a skin clearing mission. I think my skin is oily, but gets even oilier when it is not properly moisturized, and this oiliness is what causes the main problems. I also think that my skin needs to be exfoliated often, because when I don't give it a good scrub every now and then I get terribly clogged pores. Yuck. And maybe it's a little sensitive too, since harsh gel cleansers made for acne prone skin always seem to break me out.

After careful consideration and extensive searching on Make Up Alley, I've settled on Pond's Cold Cream as a cleanser, Burt's Bees Garden Tomato as a toner, Kiss My Face Peaches and Creme Moisturizer as a alpha hydroxy, and Oxy Benzoyl treatment. It's a pretty intense regimen, so I would not recommend most of this stuff for super sensitive skin. I'm hoping it works out. I'll keep you updated, and feel free to add your two cents or products that have works for you in the comments area.




Listening to: Quicksand - B. Spears

No comments: