Sunday, February 8, 2009

Studies Find: Naughty Double Entendres Lead To Gorgeous Skin.


I LOVE Lush. A perfect day for me is one where I can go to IKEA and then Lush. I sometimes try to persuade my boyfriend that this combination would make the perfect date. He hasn't fallen for that one yet.

One thing I always buy there is the Soft Coeur massage bar. This is a truly hardworking, multi-tasking type of product. Soft Coeur is billed as a "deliciously romantic concoction of honey, cocoa and natural melty butters". They got the sweet honey smell down pat, but it also has a "custard" type of smell. Maybe that doesn't sound as good as it really is, but like the Brazil Nut Butter, this is a light and pretty scent that won't overpower you or the people around you. And, like the butter, this stuff is magic too.

This is great on elbows, knees, feet (before bed only, or you will slip and fall!) and any other dry and scaly areas that need a little more TLC. I also used it as an after-sun product when we went on vacation in the Dominican.

Soft Coeur is the queen of shiny, pretty shoulders too. I love me some pretty shoulders in a slinky silk dress. Just be sure to PUT THIS ON AFTER you put on said slinky dress. Or you will have a grease spot that will make you cry. And then your mascara will run. And your face will get all blotchy and red and your nose will run and you'll have to go have a lay down to recover. And then your evening will be ruined. So...just don't.

I haven't even mentioned the obvious use for this product yet, but it's billed as a massage bar named Soft Coeur, so you do the math. I actually don't know why my man-friend doesn't want to go to Lush more often when I put it this way. This is a whole lot of melty, kneady, knot-busting goodness that I'm sure you guys can fanangle into something...uh...more... if you get my drift.

A Word of warning: this stuff will melt. So don't leave it, say, in your black leather purse in the car on a July afternoon. Just take my word for it. Don't. Store this puppy in a cool, dry place to get many, varied uses out of your bar. Actually, all of Lush's massage bars are great for the above uses, just be careful not to buy this one for anything but sore muscles. And steer clear of anything with too much patchouli in it. You don't need to smell like that lady who sells healing crystals at the local farmer's market. I'm just saying.

Listening to: Florence and the Machine - Dog Days

No comments: