Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beating Around The Blush

I love love love blush. I'm pretty pale, so a little splash of pink on my cheeks during the winter months really brightens my whole complexion up. I normally use Too Faced Hibiscus Breeze (deep purple in the tube, hot pink on the face) and Quo's Cheek Tint in Blush (a knock off of Tarte, for half the price with more pigment!), but unfortunately these are both discontinued. They will probably take me ages to use up, so I'm not too worried, but I only like to wear them on bare skin. I just don't like the heavy feeling on my skin that layers of moisturizer, cover up, foundation, and blush cause. And this stuff gives a dewy look, which becomes a shiny, greasy look by afternoon. It's too bad, because I like the sheer, realistic look gel blushes give, and generally don't like powder blushes. I just haven't found a powder blush that was sheer enough, and didn't contain enough sparkles to illuminate my entire face. I manufacture my own 'glow', thank you very much! I don't need shimmery crap to make me look plastic and ultra greasy at the same time.

Fortunately for me, Revlon was thinking along the same lines. They have come out with the Matte collection, featuring no fake sparkles and sheer, buildable colours. I picked up the Matte powder blush in Rose Rapture, and I think I have a new love...

This stuff has no shimmer to it, just very fine pigments that spread over your cheeks, and will probably cause people to wonder what you've been doing to look so great. The colour is sheer and blends in well, making it believably realistic, which is a big plus for me, since I like to look like I'm not wearing makeup. If people think I'm just that gorgeous without help, I'm fine with that...

I think my precious gel blushes might be pushed to the back of the makeup bag until beach season. Sorry guys, I've got to do what's best for me...you understand, don't you? It's not you, it's me...Just let me go, ok? I've found someone new.

Listening to: Happiness Is A Warm Gun - Across The Universe OST

No comments: