Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rime Of The Ancient Mints

Just a quick update on the Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening gel I've been using.

I'm gonna say this stuff works. Yes, I know, it looks like a product you would buy from The Shopping Network or off an infomercial at 4 in the morning during a moment of sleep deprived weakness. I know it is literally the cheapest whitening product on the shelves (after whitening toothpastes. But those are crap that made the skin in my mouth peel. Ew.).
I'll admit I sort of forgot about this mission for a couple of days, so I haven't reached optimum whiteness yet. But there has been a definite and noticeable lightening of my tooth colour using this gel twice a day for about 10 minutes each time. Not quite whites-of-the-eyes white, or paper white yet, but brighter and whiter than I've gotten them before using Colgate's whitening gels.
The gel is really thick and a bit hard to spread over your teeth with q-tips, but it dries pretty quickly and does not hurt my teeth, gums, or lips if I accidentally get some on them. I have to bare my teeth for the duration of the treatment, since saliva loosens it and then you get this uncomfortable clump of gel sitting and swishing behind your lips. I will say that if you choose to try this out, you should buy the $14 package with the tray. I wish I had now, but since this was an experiment, I went the cheap route incase this stuff didn't live up to its hype. To use, brush and floss your teeth, dry them with a piece of tissue or a clean washcloth, squish this stuff on, and ignore the fact that it tastes just like those 10 year old scotch mints your grandma keeps on her coffee table.
Now I need to go do my Political Science paper...no more procrastination!
Listening to: Be Mine (Ballad Version)- Robyn

No comments: