Monday, April 6, 2009

Tales From The Makeup Crypt - Episode 1

I buy everything that catches my eye. Ok, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but I get really excited about new cosmetics. All of the magazines we get are American, so I see ads for new products months before they come out here. By the time they arrive, I have convinced myself that I need this new something. So I buy it, try it, and wish I had saved my $10. The much-coveted new thing gets shoved into the miriad of cheap cosmetic bags from GWP's that hold other cast offs... This elephant's graveyard of rejects and makeup bags is the Makeup Crypt (OoOoOoOoHHHhhh - cue menacing music)

One of the most recent interments: Cover Girl's Simply Ageless

I'm not sure why I bought an anti-wrinkle foundation. It appealed to me at the time, that's all I can say. Anyway, Cover Girl claims that this stuff is supposed to "stay suspended over fine lines and wrinkles". I have to say, because of my oily skin, I have very few lines, even super fine ones, and my skin is super smooth. Also, I'm 20. Not exactly prime wrinkle gettin' time.

And yet, somehow, this stuff actually found a way to age me. It sank into the tiniest little crevices, settled into smile lines around my eyes, and (somehow) found areas on my face that were 'dry' and got caught on the bits of rough skin that weren't there until I put this crap on. This was like smothering my face with moistened chalk.

If this stuff reacted badly on my skin, I can't imagine what it would do to the skin of it's target audience. I hate to believe that Ellen lied...but...take a hint from me and leave this stuff to the geisha girls, clowns, and the crypt keeper...

Listening to: I Wanna Riot - Rancid

No comments: